Our world is full of impossibilities with great possibilities to happen. May you at the top or under of the world’s surface, you’ll find a lot of extremes that distinctively speaks the life we have. Although we humans obviously got the same appearances, the land we lied into is greatly in difference. There are lucky ones who lives in interesting dwellings, and others are hopeless of what they had. We’re bound to give comparison and give distinction to what’s best and what’s not. And so to name some, here are places which are ranked number #1 at things we’re always wondering about (just in case you’re really wondering).
1. The World’s wealthiest city:
Tokyo, Japan: This tower that is made of gold and tops the charts with a GDP of $1,520 billion (only beating New York by a mere $310 billion).
2. The World’s poorest city:
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo with GDP of $55 billion.
3. Sunniest Place on Earth:
Yuma, Arizona which sun shines for an average of 11 hours a day and its forecast is sun for 90 percent of the year, averaging a total of 4015 daylight hours a year.
4. The world’s oldest city:
Damascus, Syria which civilization that extends back over 11,000 years.
5. Youngest country in the world:
South Sudan which formally recognized as an independent country in 2011.
6. The wettest spot on Earth:
Mawsynram, India which rains an average of 467.35 inches per year, and with a record of 1000 inches in 1985.
7. The driest spot on Earth:
Atacama desert, South America which sees an average of 4 inches of rain every thousand years.
8. Highest point in the world:
Mount Everest towering 29,029 feet in the air.
9. Lowest point in the world:
Challenger Deep, Pacific Ocean with 35,797 ft below sea level at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
10. Most expensive city to live in:
Singapore where cars can cost between 4-6 times in Singapore what they cost in the US or UK (for example, a Toyota Prius actually costs about $150,000.00 there).
11. Least expensive city to live in:
Mumbai, India which a loaf of bread would only cost $0.91 in Mumbai.
12. The world’s hottest place:
Death Valley National Park, California- with 134 degrees Fahrenheit last July 10, 1913.
13. The world’s coldest place:
East Antarctic Plateau, Central Antarctica with 135.8 degrees Fahrenheit recorded in August, 2010.
14. Country with the longest life expectancy in the world:
Monaco tops the charts for longest living citizens, with an average life expectancy of 87.2 years.
15. Country with the shortest life expectancy:
Sierra Leone citizens live to an average of 47 years. The men of Sierra Leone live to an average of 47 years old, whereas women live an average of 48 years.
16. The world’s most popular country:
Germany came out on top as the most positively viewed country in the world (at a 59% positivity rating).
17. The world’s least popular country:
Iran at a 59% negativity rating with only 15% of people polled viewed in a positive light.
18. The world’s most dangerous city:
San Pedro Sula, Honduras with over 3 murders a day. The violence stems from the city’s role as a major hub for illegal drug and arms trafficking.
19. Most stressed-out country in the world:
Nigeria which rate of homicide, GDP per capita, income inequality, corruption, and unemployment is heightened.
20. Least stressed-out country in the world:
21. Most cat friendly country:
United States which has pet cat population of 76.43 million feline friends.
22. Most dog friendly country:
America has a dog population of 61.1 million.
23. Sexiest country in the world:
Australia tops the most attractive women.
24. World’s most well-connected city (for internet):
Seoul, South Korea has10,000 government supported free WiFi spots dotting the entire city.
Source: Earth Travelling